Hook&Loop is looking for an enthusiastic Android Architect, passionate about creating great Android applications, using the different API levels, best practices, latest technologies, with an eye for beautiful design, and attention to detail.
Skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience developing with Kotlin
- Experience architecting complex applications from the ground up
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Current and detailed knowledge of the capabilities of different Android API levels
- Experience developing highly performant Kotlin code, view layouts, and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- A familiarity with the Android tools ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- Experience designing and maintaining complex local storage databases
- At least 3 years of engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team environment
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience with iOS or interest in learning more
- Experience using latest android technologies (GoogleML, ARCore)
- Experience migrating application from iOS to Android
- Experience with modern architectures (MVVM/LiveData)
- Experience developing Enterprise Software products
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and love to learn new technologies
- An approved app in the Google Play or Amazon Store and experience with the distribution processes
What you get:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Awesome designers, developers and product managers
Include with your application:
Please include GitHub or code samples, Stack Overflow if available and active. As well as a short note about your background and interests.
Hook&Loop designs and builds products that scale user experience into the enterprise. Collaborating with product teams and developers within Infor and partnering strategically with select Infor customers, H&L is relentlessly focused on user satisfaction and customer success. To achieve this, the team at Hook&Loop knows that design is not enough to deliver experiences that transform organizations and revolutionize the way people work. While embracing UX design best practices, H&L uncovers the contextual details of each user journey; understands business goals and market realities; and seizes the potential of emerging technologies to deliver always, only, exactly what the user needs right now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race color, creed religion sex, gender, identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA [at] infor.com.