Please note that this position is located in NYC.
Hook&Loop (Infor) is not currently offering relocation for this role.
Hook & Loop is looking for an enthusiastic Backend/DevOps Architect, passionate about creating great solutions, with best practices, and attention to detail.This developer is decisive, action-oriented, learns quickly, independently, and takes ownership of open issues. Will influence the direction of a project’s technology stack and play a key role in implementing cogent and distributed solutions interfacing with our existing services.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Participate in architectural, design and product sessions.
- Develop innovative solutions based on product requirements and business challenges.
- Research and apply new technologies and best practices.
- Deliver quality results in fast paced, delivery focused teams where development occurred in multiple branches simultaneously.
- Working directly with product owners and stakeholders in building out systems that support business growth.
- 5+ years in software development in multiple languages
- Strong experience with Bash/Shell and (Python or Perl).
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS’s such as PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years work experience with NoSQL stores such as MongoDB, CouchDB and Redis.
- Degree in computer science or computer engineering or substantials experience.
- Experience configuration management recipes (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Solid Docker, Docker Swarm knowledge and work experience.
- Continuous integration experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, and Selenium.
- Experience of deploying, designing and consuming cloud services, based on AWS.
- Experience deploying complex projects with a lot of moving pieces.
- Deep understanding of git.
- Understanding of fundamental concepts like network security, routing, and load balancing, and a good grasp of standard protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, RDP, etc.
- Experience with backend (Memcached, Varnish), edge (data structures) and client-side (data structures) caching strategies.
- Unit testing and high code coverage.
- Understanding of SOA and microservices-based architecture.
- Active projects or actively contribute to projects on GitHub.
- Solid Python/Java experience.
- Experience with Scala, Haskell, or Clojure.
- Experience with functional programming languages.
- Degree in Computer Science.
What You Get:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage.
- Awesome designers, developers and product managers.
Hook&Loop designs and builds products that scale user experience into the enterprise. Collaborating with product teams and developers within Infor and partnering strategically with select Infor customers, H&L is relentlessly focused on user satisfaction and customer success. To achieve this, the team at Hook&Loop knows that design is not enough to deliver experiences that transform organizations and revolutionize the way people work. While embracing UX design best practices, H&L uncovers the contextual details of each user journey; understands business goals and market realities; and seizes the potential of emerging technologies to deliver always, only, exactly what the user needs right now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race color, creed religion sex, gender, identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA [at] infor.com.