Hook&Loop is looking for a DevOps/Backend Engineer with engineering management experience to lead the architecture, design, and development of our backend operations.
This developer has experience leading a fast-paced team of engineers working on several projects at once in a large scale organization, but with a Lean Startup mindset.
Our ideal candidate is decisive, action-oriented, learns quickly, independently, and proactively takes ownership of open issues; will influence the direction of a projects technology stack and play a key role in implementing cogent and distributed solutions interfacing with our existing services
- Manage and mentor a team of engineers, in house and remote, in an Agile environment.
- Lead the architectural design.
- Develop innovative solutions based on product requirements and business challenges.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Research and apply new technologies and best practices.
- Work directly with product owners and stakeholders in building out systems that support business growth.
- Work with the team to develop optimal automation solutions, troubleshoot automation issues, and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to processes and tools.
Certifications (Desired): AWS Certified Professional or Specialty
- 5+ years in software development in multiple languages with at least 2 years managing a team of engineers.
- Strong experience of deploying, designing and consuming cloud services, based on AWS for a large organization.
- Experience on learning a large scale organization custom tools, software, and requirements for deployment.
- Strong Docker, Docker Swarm knowledge and work experience.
- Strong experience with Bash/Shell and (Python or Perl).
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS’s such as PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years work experience with NoSQL stores such as MongoDB, CouchDB and Redis.
- Degree in Computer Science or computer engineering or substantials experience.
- Experience with configuration management recipes (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Continuous integration experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, and Selenium.
- Deep understanding of Git, Github, Gitlab.
- Understanding of fundamental concepts like network security, routing, and load balancing, and a good grasp of standard protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, RDP, etc.
- Experience with backend (Memcached, Varnish), edge (data structures) and client-side (data structures) caching strategies.
- Unit testing and high code coverage.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding of SOA and microservices-based architecture.
- Active projects or actively contribute to projects on GitHub.
- Solid Python/Java experience.
- Experience with Scala, Haskell, or Clojure.
- Experience with functional programming languages.
- Machine Learning/AI experience
- MS/PhD in Computer Science.
What you get:
Competitive salary, based on experience.
Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage.
Awesome designers, developers and product managers.
Include with your application:
Please include GitHub or code samples, Stack Overflow if available and active. As well as a short note about your background and interests.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race color, creed religion sex, gender, identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA [at] infor.com.