Infor builds business software for specific industries and delivers pre-configured, industry-specific solutions via the cloud. More than 68,000 customers in 170 countries rely on Infor’s applications, services, and 16,000 employees to help overcome market disruptions and achieve business-wide digital transformation by putting the user experience first, leveraging data science, and integrating with existing systems.
Hook&Loop is Infor’s internal experience design and engineering group. Our global team—based in New York, London, Wrocław, Singapore, and Manila—believes that enterprise software should be just as easy to use as consumer applications. We’re passionate, collaborative, and unwilling to settle as we guide users to success in our products and drive change at scale throughout the enterprise.
• Our Insights team assesses market viability and ensures user value.
• Our Engineering team designs and builds innovative, high-fidelity products that exceed expectations.
• Our Digital team identifies opportunities to transform the businesses of select customers using Infor products.
We are seeking an experienced Product Design Manager to support and guide our mobile experience designers, along with our system designers for our design system. The role will collaboratively define design strategy with key members of project teams, including owners and other stakeholders. You must be comfortable leading all phases of design engagement, from discovery research to strategy workshops, to measuring successes in milestone or patch releases.
You find joy in the enterprise complexities to help foster congruent and adjacent strategies leading to additional opportunities for the management team—seeking moments to capture additional value. These initiatives are constantly evolving, presenting new problems to be solved while empowering the global development team to connect in meaningful ways. Ensuring you find comfort in presenting plans and ideas, showcasing traction in outcomes and outputs to high-level stakeholders while taking audience critiques.
The objective is to exceed expectations by defining paths forward while answering and delivering on current needs. Your mentorship of a talented group of product designers to grow and obtain broader skillsets is just as important as the work itself.
You will focus on mobile work streams (native iOS + Android), customer experience tools and our design system (http://design.infor.com), all of which are either owned by Hook&Loop or lead by design with our engineering partners.
We believe that experiences should be mutually satisfying to the business and the user—delivering value through design-led and data-driven insights.
- Manage designers across multiple agile work streams
- Contribute to centralized knowledge around common use cases and mental models
- Take a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate designs
- Coordinate with researchers to conduct user research and usability testing
- Plan usability tests, evaluate traffic patterns, and study user feedback
- Demonstrate and articulate understanding of design guidelines, such as layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design problems
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product managers to support higher fidelity in our release cadences
- Collaborate frequently with design, product, and development teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Foster a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process and gain the trust of your team to talk through both scope and technical challenges while negotiating thoughtful outcomes
- Work with leadership to help shape experience strategy for Hook&Loop’s product portfolio
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Innate understanding of experience design in product — objected-orientated UX, IA, Interaction models, and UI design
- Proficiency with current design tools
- Agile engineering methodologies
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years in leading a design team
- Degree in design or equivalent work experience.
- Experience designing SaaS products for the B2B market in a distributed Agile environment
- Experience leading the design of products with a high level of complexity, shepherding them from inception (or redesign) to release to continued enhancement or sunset.
- Experience designing mobile and web-based applications.
- Must be able to work out of Infor’s NYC HQ; not a remote position
- General office environment
- No special physical demands
- Some stress may occur at times
- Ability to work across multiple time zones
- Ability to travel occasionally
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military service obligation or veteran status, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.