The Product Writer is a member of the Hook&Loop Insights team—which has organization-wide responsibility for accountability (strategy), awareness (education) and adoption (strategy/education) of Hook&Loop products and services—and works closely with the Senior Program Manager, Product Leads and Senior Director of Communications to craft the voices of our mobile products by understanding business needs and users’ expectations.
As a Product Writer at Hook&Loop, you will be responsible for creating an ecosystem of content for the mobile products and services that Hook&Loop designs, builds and supports. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to: in-app content (onscreen, FAQs); case studies; user and admin guides; positioning and thought leadership content; sales enablement and marketing support content; press releases; and other internal and external communications content. In addition to a comprehensive understanding of the products and the value that they create, quickly developing a thorough understanding of Hook&Loop’s strategy, positioning and POV on topics such as mobility, design-led methodologies, and accrued value will be essential for success in the role.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ideate, write and proofread all in-app product copy as part of the product sprints
- Collaborate and exchange feedback with product leads, designers, researchers and developers
- Write swiftly and iteratively, ensuring content consistency both at a high level (product strategy) as well as at a microlevel (button copy)
- Leverage research and insights to improve and enhance the user experience through UX writing
- Strategically repackage and redeploy content in multiple formats and channels
- Think strategically about copy/content and demonstrate how these elements are essential to an appealing and desirable user experience
- Stay current on the competitive set and best practices to ensure that all copy/content will: differentiate the product; drive decision-makers to purchase; and engage users and lead them to success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Copywriting, Technology
- 4-6+ years of related job experience
- Previous experience in the tech field or in an industry that requires demonstrating and explaining products
- Familiarity with mobile applications (iOS and Android platforms) and enterprise software
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Self-motivated and monitoring
- Strong organizational skills
- Eager to contribute and collaborate
- General office environment
- No special physical demands
- Some stress may occur at times
- Ability to work across multiple time zones
- Ability to travel occasionally
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race color, creed religion sex, gender, identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA [at] infor.com.