Infor builds business software for specific industries and delivers pre-configured, industry-specific solutions via the cloud. More than 68,000 customers in 170 countries rely on Infor’s applications, services, and 16,000 employees to help overcome market disruptions and achieve business-wide digital transformation by putting the user experience first, leveraging data science, and integrating with existing systems.
Hook&Loop is Infor’s internal experience design and engineering group. Our global team—based in New York, London, Wrocław, Singapore, and Manila—believes that enterprise software should be just as easy to use as consumer applications. We’re passionate, collaborative, and unwilling to settle as we guide users to success in our products and drive change at scale throughout the enterprise.
• Our Insights team assesses market viability and ensures user value.
• Our Engineering team designs and builds innovative, high-fidelity products that exceed expectations.
• Our Digital team identifies opportunities to transform the businesses of select customers using Infor products.
The Scrum Master at Hook&Loop supports the Engineering/Design and QA teams by managing sprints and outcomes across multiple work streams. They will closely partner with the Engineering/Design Managers who are responsible for the holistic orchestration of their work streams to deliver products on time, matching the requirements defined in the product strategy. They should have experience working in an agile methodology and ideally be familiar, at the technical level, with both iOS and Android platforms for mobile applications and different backend services/APIs. Knowledge of design systems and enterprise software is desirable.
To be successful, the Scrum Master must have experience in architecting and optimizing Agile processes across multiple teams and products, organizing release timelines, identifying issues, and being metrics-driven to implement enhancements. Being able to break down projects into phases/smaller projects and assign responsibilities for each piece is critical. Additionally, they should be comfortable translating product requirements documents into actionable tasks for developers/designers, managing multiple projects concurrently, understanding contingencies, and minimizing the challenges of overlapping deadlines and resource allocations.
- Establish, schedule, and manage the engineering sprints (planning, review, retro), in coordination with the Product Leads and the Engineering/Design Managers
- Hold team members accountable for meeting deadlines and expectations
- Be able to interpret and translate product requirements documents into tickets for the dev and design teams
- Synthesize and prioritize inputs/feedback given to the Product Leads from research, design, engineering, Infor product teams, customers, and leadership, and make them actionable by the engineering team
- Develop, maintain, and communicate project plans and execute projects according to the developed plans
- Capture notes and feedback from critical meetings and discussions
- Organize and archive all project documentation
- Ensure project timelines are accurate and kept up-to-date; communicate changes proactively to necessary stakeholders within Hook&Loop and to other departments (especially development, product management, and communications)
- Excellent management skills with background in agile software development processes
- Superior organizational, analytical, decision-making, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize activities to deliver on time
- Quick learner who takes initiative and attempts to overcome problems independently
- Excellent spoken and written English-language communication skills
- Deftly manages various personalities and communication styles
- Champions the goals and visions of the project and inspires team members to do great work despite setbacks and obstacles
- Anticipates risks from schedule, scope changes, or dependencies
- Poised in the face of resistance and ambiguous, stressful situations; successfully manages uncertainty
- Bachelor’s Degree: technology, business, operations, or related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience in agile project management with some technology; product development/management
- Experience working with and managing remote teams
- Experience using project management tools, including Jira, Roadmunk, Product Board, and GitHub
- Experience in software; enterprise and/or mobile applications preferred
- Experience with large-scale organizational processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to mitigate issues, and discretion in escalating issues as appropriate
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Ability to manage multiple aspects of a project concurrently and prioritize workloads among teams to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work out of Infor’s NYC HQ; not a remote position
- General office environment
- No special physical demands
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work across multiple time zones
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military service obligation or veteran status, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.